Officials: At least 3 killed in Southern Calif. shooting
The fire protection store in Downey, Calif., where a gunman opened fire and killed two people. The same gunman also killed a third person at a home a couple of block away, police say. / KCAL
Updated 5:42 p.m. ET
DOWNEY At least three people were killed and at least two were injured in a shooting in a Los Angeles suburb, CBS Los Angeles reports.
Downey Fire Department officials told the station they responded to the shooting at about 11:30 a.m. Wednesday at two different locations. A man and a woman were killed at a workplace, and another woman was killed at a home two blocks away, according to The Associated Press.
Officials say the owner of the home is connected to the family-owned business that makes fire extinguishers, United States Protection Services Inc.
Police are looking for a man who left the scene in a black Chevrolet Camaro that might not be his own. The vehicle has California license plate number 6LEA010 and he is considered armed and dangerous.
No motive has been determined yet. Police said none of the surviving victims recognized the suspect, according to The Associated Press.
Downey is about 20 miles southeast of Los Angeles.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Port Authority releases photo of One WTC workers at dizzying heights 140 Comments
- Massive train collision takes down highway overpass
- Thousands of U.S. bridges vulnerable to collapse
- Washington state bridge collapses 20 Photos
- Best U.S. beaches 2013 10 Photos
- Texas flooding turns deadly
- Bridge collapse blamed on tractor-trailer 330 Comments
- Missouri train derailment 10 Photos