Wisconsin towns argue: Whose sausage is bigger?
Workers lay a giant brat down on an outdoor grill as a crew from Ptacek's IGA attempts to set a world record for the longest brat in Prescott, Wis. on October 6, 2012. / Scott Takushi,AP Photo/Pioneer Press
PRESCOTT, Wis. Two western Wisconsin communities are disputing who gets bragging rights to the biggest bratwurst.
The conflict started after last week's news accounts of Prescott's world-record-setting bratwurst, which was 52 feet, 2 inches.
A local grocery store grilled it for its centennial and then put it in an equally as long bun.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports some in Dallas, Wis., heard about it and got steamed. They've grilled big bratwursts the last four years for Oktoberfest and this year's was 135 feet long.
But Dallas didn't get the official record because they didn't use a bun and didn't pay the $1,900 fee to the World Record Academy in Florida.
Dallas-based Valkyrie Brewing Co. notes on its website that all the brats they've grilled since 2009 are longer than Prescott's.
Popular on CBSNews.com
Photos: Underground shots of NYC's Second Ave. subway project New York City's Second Ave. subway was first conceived almost a century ago and when it is completed, it will extend all the way down the eastern side of Manhattan with 16 new stations. CBS News' Don Dahler reports on one of the most challenging public works projects in the country.
- Report: U.S. teacher training an "industry of mediocrity"
- Day care worker accused of drugging snacks for nap-time
- Girl who lost feet in lawnmower gets prosthetics
- FAA approval sought for 650-foot-tall Vegas thrill ride
- Tornado briefly touches down on Denver airport runways
- Shock as alleged Nazi unit leader, 94, found in U.S
- Feds digging in Mich. field for Jimmy Hoffa's remains
- Report: Pregnant workers face routine discrimination