Football fan stabbed in Candlestick Park attack
SAN FRANCISCO A man was seriously hurt after being stabbed near Candlestick Park as he was going to watch the San Francisco 49ers' home game.
Police Sgt. Michael Andraychak said two men suspected of attacking the 27-year-old Elk Grove man Sunday were arrested a short distance later.
Andraychak said the victim was with five friends when the suspects approached them on the southwest side of the stadium. He said they got into an argument and one of the suspects pulled out a knife and stabbed the victim in the torso.
He was rushed to the hospital, and Andraychak said he was expected to survive.
Andraychak said the victim and his attackers were all 49ers fans.
Police identified the suspects as a 30-year old San Francisco man and a 22-year-old Daly City man.
Last year, two men were shot and wounded following a 49ers-Raiders preseason game in the parking lot at Candlestick Park.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- O.J. Simpson's ex-lawyer contradicts his testimony on guns
- Dozens injured as commuter trains collide in Conn.
- Powerball jackpot at $600 million -- and climbing
- Lives lost: Suburban fatal heroin overdoses 19 Photos
- Seven-time lottery winner shares secret to winning Powerball
- Tornadoes rip through northern Texas 17 Photos
- Why marry? Three generations tell their wedding stories
- 7 Texans missing after tornadoes found safe; death toll remains at 6