Book claims Obama wanted a bin Laden trial
It is CBS News policy not to reveal the identity of the author of "No Easy Day," one of the Navy SEALs who killed Osama bin Laden. CBS News will continue keep his name confidential for his own safety.
The Associated Press and other news organizations have named the author and on Wednesday night an AP story containing the author's real name was inadvertently published to CBSNews.com. Because the inclusion of his name does not reflect the standards and values of CBS News it has been taken down.
We regret the error.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Port Authority releases photo of One WTC workers at dizzying heights 116 Comments
- Massive train collision takes down highway overpass
- Washington state bridge collapses 20 Photos
- Best U.S. beaches 2013 10 Photos
- Bridge collapse blamed on tractor-trailer 323 Comments
- Frantic 911 calls reveal chaos in Okla., following tornado
- Deadly Angel Flight crash in upstate New York
- Sandy-shocked Jersey Shore seeks summer comeback