Book claims Obama wanted a bin Laden trial
It is CBS News policy not to reveal the identity of the author of "No Easy Day," one of the Navy SEALs who killed Osama bin Laden. CBS News will continue keep his name confidential for his own safety.
The Associated Press and other news organizations have named the author and on Wednesday night an AP story containing the author's real name was inadvertently published to CBSNews.com. Because the inclusion of his name does not reflect the standards and values of CBS News it has been taken down.
We regret the error.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Bridge collapse blamed on tractor-trailer 193 Comments
- Washington state bridge collapses 20 Photos
- Best U.S. beaches 2013 10 Photos
- No fatalities in I-5 bridge collapse in NW Wash. 137 Comments
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys 1016 Comments
- Kansas reporters run for tornado shelter during newscast
- Earthquake, multiple aftershocks jolt Californians
- Clean-up efforts underway in Okla. 29 Photos