Fla. mother suspected of killing 2 children, self
(AP) CLEARWATER, Fla. - Authorities in Florida say a man found his wife and two young children dead in their home.
Pinellas County Sheriff's officials said in a statement Saturday that the investigation is still ongoing, but it appears that 34-year-old Dawn Brown killed her children and then hanged herself.
Deputies responded to the Clearwater home shortly after 2 a.m. Saturday after receiving a call for help from 36-year-old Murphy Brown, the father of the children.
The children's cause of death will be released pending an autopsy. No further information has been released.
Neighbor Nichole Bell told The Tampa Tribune that she spoke with Dawn Brown at a recent back-to-school open house and couldn't believe the news because Brown appeared to be "interested in her kids' educations."
Popular on CBSNews.com
- No fatalities in I-5 bridge collapse in NW Wash. 118 Comments
- Bridge section disappears in "big puff of dust"
- Young victims of deadly Okla. tornado 10 Photos
- Washington state bridge collapses 17 Photos
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys 454 Comments
- Clean-up efforts underway in Okla. 29 Photos
- Kansas reporters run for tornado shelter during newscast
- Kids, teachers from destroyed Okla. school reunite