Michigan Great Dane named world's tallest dog
Zeus drinks from the kitchen faucet in Otsego, Mich. / AP Photo/Guinness World Records 2013 Book, HO, Kevin Scott Ramos
(AP) OTSEGO, Mich. - A Great Dane from Michigan is doggone tall.
The Guinness World Records 2013 book published Thursday recognizes Zeus of Otsego, Mich., as the world's Tallest Dog.
The 3-year-old measures 44 inches from foot to shoulder.
Standing on his hind legs, Zeus stretches to 7-foot-4 and towers over his owner, Denise Doorlag. Zeus is just an inch taller than the previous record-holder, Giant George.
Zeus weighs 155 pounds and eats a 30-pound bag of food every two weeks.
Doorlag says she had to get a van to be able to transport Zeus.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- TWA Flight 800 gets another look 17 years later 107 Comments
- America's endangered historic places 11 Photos
- FBI: No sign of Jimmy Hoffa's body in Detroit suburb 59 Comments
- Serena Williams sorry for "what I supposedly said" on rape
- Reporter Michael Hastings dies at 33
- TWA Flight 800 disaster - a look back 19 Photos
- Scientists say shipwreck timber in Lake Michigan centuries old
- 3 football players charged in Naval Academy rape case