Maine woman, 49, gives birth to her grandson
(AP) MADAWSKA, Maine - A 49-year-old Maine woman has given birth to her grandson after her daughter was precluded from becoming pregnant because of a heart condition.
The Portland Press Herald reports that Linda Sirois of Madawska gave birth to 7-pound, 14-ounce Madden Hebert on Aug. 13 for her daughter, Angel. Twenty-five-year-old Angel Hebert says her baby is "eating like a champ and he doesn't fuss too much."
Sirois said she's offered for years to become a gestational surrogate for Angel if a doctor said she shouldn't become pregnant. Hebert, of Presque Isle, says she and husband Brian Hebert got that word last summer.
Sirois has four children, including twins, and her youngest kids are in college. She says she thinks the pregnancy with Madden might have been her easiest.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Wave of tornadoes sweeps Midwest 13 Photos
- Deadly twisters tear through Oklahoma
- Firefighter killed in massive Dallas condo fire
- Could cop have avoided accidentally killing NY student? 127 Comments
- Long Island police defend Hofstra student killing 321 Comments
- Small Fla. town wonders who the Powerball winner is
- 2 FBI agents die in training accident off Virginia coast
- The War in Chicago