Maine woman, 49, gives birth to her grandson
(AP) MADAWSKA, Maine - A 49-year-old Maine woman has given birth to her grandson after her daughter was precluded from becoming pregnant because of a heart condition.
The Portland Press Herald reports that Linda Sirois of Madawska gave birth to 7-pound, 14-ounce Madden Hebert on Aug. 13 for her daughter, Angel. Twenty-five-year-old Angel Hebert says her baby is "eating like a champ and he doesn't fuss too much."
Sirois said she's offered for years to become a gestational surrogate for Angel if a doctor said she shouldn't become pregnant. Hebert, of Presque Isle, says she and husband Brian Hebert got that word last summer.
Sirois has four children, including twins, and her youngest kids are in college. She says she thinks the pregnancy with Madden might have been her easiest.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Massive tornado hits Okla. 60 Photos
- Children rescued from elementary school in Okla. 11 Photos
- Mile-wide tornado rips through Oklahoma City area
- Oklahoma tornado carves trail of destruction Play Video
- At least 51 dead after massive Okla. tornado 91 Comments
- Severe tornado tears through Oklahoma City suburb Play Video
- Oklahoma tornado kills at least 51, including 20 children
- Oklahoma tornado as seen by storm chasers Play Video