Police: Calif. man severed foot while driving
(AP) LIVERMORE, Calif. - Police say a man severed his foot in a California parking lot after sticking his leg out the door of his moving BMW. Authorities then arrested him on suspicion of drunken driving.
The Contra Costa Times reports 31-year-old John Buna severed his foot at the ankle Wednesday after hitting it on a cinder block during a reckless drive in a Livermore parking lot.
Police say a woman with Buna reported she exited his two-door BMW because she was frightened of his driving.
Authorities say Buna stuck his foot out the driver's side door as if he was exiting the car, but instead accelerated suddenly, crushing the foot between the car and the cinder block.
Police say Buna parked his car, and the woman called for help.
Police are still waiting for Buna's blood-alcohol results.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Oklahoma tornado victim search efforts winding down
- Children rescued from two elementary schools in Oklahoma 19 Photos
- Deadliest U.S. tornadoes 10 Photos
- Tornado's destructive path 17 Photos
- Up-close video of Moore, Okla., tornado Play Video
- Oklahoma tornado recovery grinds on amid grim scenes 180 Comments
- Oklahoma tornado as seen by storm chasers Play Video
- Twisters touch down in the Midwest 13 Photos