$337M jackpot winner contacts Mich. lottery
Powerball tickets await players at Cumberland Farms convenience store May 10, 2004 in Washington Crossing, Pennsylvania. / William Thomas Cain/Getty Images
(AP) LANSING, Mich. - The Michigan Lottery says it has been contacted by the winner of last week's $337 million Powerball jackpot.
In a news release issued Wednesday, the lottery says details about the ticket-holder won't be released until the prize is officially claimed. The release did not say if the Michigan Lottery has verified the winning ticket.$337 Powerball drawing: One winning ticket sold
The Associated Press has left a message with Michigan Lottery spokeswoman Andi Brancato.
The winning ticket for the Aug. 15 drawing was sold at a Sunoco gas station in Lapeer, about 45 miles north of Detroit. The winner has one year to claim the prize.
It was the third-largest Powerball jackpot in the game's history. Lottery officials have said the winner could take home a $241 million lump sum.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Serena Williams sorry for "what I supposedly said" on rape
- TWA Flight 800 gets another look 17 years later 112 Comments
- TWA Flight 800 disaster - a look back 19 Photos
- 3 football players charged in Naval Academy rape case
- FBI: No sign of Jimmy Hoffa's body in Detroit suburb
- America's endangered historic places 11 Photos
- Reporter Michael Hastings dies at 33
- FBI finds possible remains at gangster's NYC home