$337M jackpot winner contacts Mich. lottery
Powerball tickets await players at Cumberland Farms convenience store May 10, 2004 in Washington Crossing, Pennsylvania. / William Thomas Cain/Getty Images
(AP) LANSING, Mich. - The Michigan Lottery says it has been contacted by the winner of last week's $337 million Powerball jackpot.
In a news release issued Wednesday, the lottery says details about the ticket-holder won't be released until the prize is officially claimed. The release did not say if the Michigan Lottery has verified the winning ticket.$337 Powerball drawing: One winning ticket sold
The Associated Press has left a message with Michigan Lottery spokeswoman Andi Brancato.
The winning ticket for the Aug. 15 drawing was sold at a Sunoco gas station in Lapeer, about 45 miles north of Detroit. The winner has one year to claim the prize.
It was the third-largest Powerball jackpot in the game's history. Lottery officials have said the winner could take home a $241 million lump sum.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Port Authority releases photo of One WTC workers at dizzying heights 137 Comments
- Massive train collision takes down highway overpass
- Washington state bridge collapses 20 Photos
- Thousands of U.S. bridges vulnerable to collapse
- Best U.S. beaches 2013 10 Photos
- Bridge collapse blamed on tractor-trailer 329 Comments
- Deadly Angel Flight crash in upstate New York
- Texas flooding turns deadly