Pa. woman accused of killing fiance on wedding day
(AP) HOKENDAUQUA, Pa. - Authorities say an eastern Pennsylvania woman stabbed her fiance to death during an argument on their wedding day.
Na Cola Darcel Franklin is charged with criminal homicide in the death of 36-year-old Billy Rafeal Brewster in their Whitehall Township apartment.
Police say they found Brewster bleeding shortly after 2 a.m. Saturday. District Attorney Jim Martin says he was pronounced dead at a hospital.
The (Allentown) Morning Call reports that at her video arraignment Saturday, the 31-year-old Franklin wept and choked out, "I did not kill him on purpose."
Neighbor Steve Engel says the pastor who was supposed to perform the ceremony came to the apartment building after being unable to reach the couple, and a number of people who were apparently going to the wedding also showed up throughout the day.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Children rescued from two elementary schools in Oklahoma 19 Photos
- Oklahoma tornado recovery grinds on amid grim scenes 178 Comments
- Tornado's destructive path 17 Photos
- More severe weather expected after monster tornado
- Deadliest U.S. tornadoes 10 Photos
- Oklahoma tornado as seen by storm chasers Play Video
- Twisters touch down in the Midwest 13 Photos
- Up-close video of Moore, Okla., tornado Play Video