RFK Jr. said wife called him day before suicide
(AP) BEDFORD, N.Y. - Newly released documents show that Robert F. Kennedy Jr. told police that on the day before his wife hanged herself, she told him "everything was her fault."
Papers released Wednesday by the Bedford Police Department in New York include a statement Kennedy gave a detective after Mary Kennedy's body was discovered May 16. Kennedy said that his wife called him on May 15 and said she was sorry for everything and he was right about everything.
Much of the statement was blacked out before it was released. The visible portion does not make clear what Mary Kennedy meant by "everything."
The Kennedys, who had four children, were in the midst of a divorce.
Kennedy also describes his first sight of his wife's body, but the specifics were blacked out.Mary Kennedy reburied away from Kennedy family
RFK Jr. calls Mary Kennedy abusive in court papers
Mary Richardson Kennedy remembered at private memorial in NYC
Mary Richardson Kennedy's funeral
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Powerball frenzy locks down most possible number combos
- Winning numbers drawn in Powerball jackpot
- Crash in small Va. town injures dozens during parade
- Authorities: N.Y. college student was killed by police
- Seven-time lottery winner shares secret to winning Powerball
- Texas tornado survivors start to return home
- Official: Broken rail eyed in Conn. train crash
- Why marry? Three generations tell their wedding stories