Couple, 85, remarrying 48 years after divorce
(AP) WEST SENECA, N.Y. - They got hitched while still in their teens, divorced 20 years later, and are getting remarried after nearly a half-century apart.
For Lena Henderson and Roland Davis, the second time around is finally here, even if they're both 85.
The Buffalo-area couple plans to get married again on Saturday, with four generations of their family on hand to see it happen.
The couple tells The Buffalo News they met as teenagers in Chattanooga, Tenn., and after marrying had four children together.
They divorced in 1964 but always kept in touch.
Henderson moved to West Seneca 30 years ago. Davis, a military retiree, was living alone in Colorado after his previous wife died several months ago.
During a telephone conversation with Henderson, he proposed to her, and she said yes.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Massive tornado hits Okla. 63 Photos
- Children rescued from elementary school in Okla. 11 Photos
- At least 51 dead after massive Okla. tornado 92 Comments
- Oklahoma tornado carves trail of destruction Play Video
- Severe tornado tears through Oklahoma City suburb Play Video
- 20 children among at least 51 left dead by Okla. tornado
- Mile-wide tornado rips through Oklahoma City area
- Oklahoma tornado as seen by storm chasers Play Video