Man spotted prowling Utah mountains in goat suit ID's himself to perplexed officials
In this July 15, 2012 photo, a person is seen in a goat suit in the Wasatch Mountains on Ben Lomond peak outside of Ogden, Utah. / AP
(AP) OGDEN, Utah - State wildfire officials have identified the man who has been spotted dressed in a goat suit among a herd of wild goats in the mountains of northern Utah.
Phil Douglass of the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources said Monday the mystery man is a 57-year-old hunter from Southern California.
Douglass told the Standard-Examiner that the hunter called officials and provided enough information to put their curiosity to rest. Douglass says he didn't ask for a name.
The man told Douglass he was preparing for an archery hunt of mountain goats next year and testing a goat suit. Douglass says the hunter came to Utah because he heard it was easier to get near goats for training.
The man described his suit as a hooded painter's uniform and a fleece.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Bridge collapse blamed on tractor-trailer 279 Comments
- Washington state bridge collapses 20 Photos
- Port Authority releases photo of One WTC workers at dizzying heights
- Best U.S. beaches 2013 10 Photos
- No fatalities in I-5 bridge collapse in NW Wash. 139 Comments
- Earthquake, multiple aftershocks jolt Californians
- Clean-up efforts underway in Okla. 29 Photos
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys 1125 Comments