Watch: 10-year-old girl fights off kidnapper in Philadelphia; Cops offer $10K reward for info on suspect
(CBS News) The attempted abduction of a 10-year-old girl in Philadelphia was caught on a security camera and now police are offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the suspect.
In the video, a man grabs the girl from behind, covers her mouth with his hand and picks her up as her 2-year-old brother, who was walking with her, looks on. After the girl struggles and kicks against her attacker for around 30 seconds, he gives up and flees.
Video showed the man getting into a white sedan and leaving the scene.
"This is a sick individual, to do something like that," said Mayor Michael Nutter. "I want this creep of our streets immediately."
The girl's father, who spoke to CBS Philly on condition of anonymity to protect the identity of his daughter, said "when I saw the video, I mean you go from wanting to cry to wanting to hurt the person doing this to your child."
"Never in my life have I been so enraged and mad and probably hurt and upset."
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Small Fla. town wonders who the Powerball winner is
- Officials confirm there's only 1 winning Powerball ticket
- Long Island police defend Hofstra student killing 307 Comments
- Powerful thunderstorms rumble through hard-hit Midwest
- Could cop have avoided accidentally killing NY student? 84 Comments
- Allegedly random murder, "hate crime," stuns NYC
- Winning tickets sought in $588M Powerball jackpot
- FBI Agent Killed In Robbery Play Video