Ariz. Sheriff Joe Arpaio heads to court over allegations of deputies racially profiling Latinos
The plaintiffs' attorneys say they plan to do so, in part, by focusing on their allegation that Arpaio launched some patrols based on racially charged citizen complaints that alleged no actual crimes.
Separate from the two lawsuits that allege racial profiling, a federal grand jury has been investigating Arpaio's office on criminal abuse-of-power allegations since at least December 2009 and is examining the investigative work of the sheriff's anti-public corruption squad.
- no next page
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Tsarnaev friend implicates dead brother, self in murders 146 Comments
- Victims of deadly Oklahoma tornado 6 Photos
- Up-close video of Moore, Okla., tornado Play Video
- Oklahoma tornado as seen by storm chasers Play Video
- Tornado victims start picking up the pieces
- Tornado's destructive path 17 Photos
- Deadliest U.S. tornadoes 10 Photos
- AG Holder: Drones killed 4 Americans since 2009