Tornado touches down on Va.'s Eastern Shore
A tornado touched down in Locusville, Va., Saturday, July 14, 2012. / WTKR
Updated 8:51 PM ET
(AP) ACCOMACK, Va. - Authorities are responding after a tornado touched down on Virginia's Eastern Shore.
The National Weather Service reported that a tornado touched down in Accomack County Saturday afternoon. It said that trees have been uprooted and buildings have been damaged.
But Virginia State Police Sgt. Michelle Anaya told the Virginian-Pilot no property damage or injuries have been reported from the tornado that touched down in Locustville around 1 p.m.
Rescue services were dispatched to the scene.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Children rescued from two elementary schools in Oklahoma 19 Photos
- Tornado's destructive path 17 Photos
- Oklahoma tornado recovery grinds on amid grim scenes
- More severe weather expected after monster tornado
- Oklahoma tornado victim search efforts winding down
- Deadliest U.S. tornadoes 10 Photos
- Up-close video of Moore, Okla., tornado Play Video
- Oklahoma tornado as seen by storm chasers Play Video