Tornado touches down on Va.'s Eastern Shore
A tornado touched down in Locusville, Va., Saturday, July 14, 2012. / WTKR
Updated 8:51 PM ET
(AP) ACCOMACK, Va. - Authorities are responding after a tornado touched down on Virginia's Eastern Shore.
The National Weather Service reported that a tornado touched down in Accomack County Saturday afternoon. It said that trees have been uprooted and buildings have been damaged.
But Virginia State Police Sgt. Michelle Anaya told the Virginian-Pilot no property damage or injuries have been reported from the tornado that touched down in Locustville around 1 p.m.
Rescue services were dispatched to the scene.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- TWA Flight 800 gets another look 17 years later 108 Comments
- America's endangered historic places 11 Photos
- FBI: No sign of Jimmy Hoffa's body in Detroit suburb
- Reporter Michael Hastings dies at 33
- Serena Williams sorry for "what I supposedly said" on rape
- TWA Flight 800 disaster - a look back 19 Photos
- Taliban: We killed 4 U.S. troops at Afghan air base
- Scientists say shipwreck timber in Lake Michigan centuries old