Man crashes truck into Dallas mall, tries on clothes
The Southwest Center Mall in Dallas, where a man drove a truck through the glass door and crashed into a sporting goods store, where began trying on clothes. / KTVT
(CBS/AP) DALLAS - A naked man crashed a pickup truck into a southwest Dallas mall, got out and started putting on clothes and shoes, police said.
And it wasn't the first disturbance involving 35-year-old Arthur Walker, who police say earlier engaged in an attempted carjacking.
Police said the man allegedly got behind the wheel of a pickup Friday morning covered only in a blanket and started driving toward the mall, but before he got there Walker allegedly got out of his truck and banged on the car window of a woman, ordering her to get out.
The woman drove off uninjured and called police.
Walker than plowed his truck through the glass doors at Southwest Center Mall, barreling through kiosks before he made a right turn down a hallway and a left turn into Champs Sporting Goods, where he broke through yet another gate.
Once inside the sporting goods store, police say the man left his blanket in the truck and started putting on clothes and a pair of Air Jordan shoes.
"He just took out some carts and kiosks and damaged some property within the mall. No one was injured," Southwest Center Mall General Manager Lisa Long said.
The suspect was arrested without incident and taken to Methodist Dallas Medical Center by Dallas Fire Rescue. A police statement said he was jailed without bond on a burglary charge. His condition is not known.
Sources tell CBS Station KTVT the man had allegedly been involved in some type of family altercation or incident earlier.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Bridge collapse blamed on tractor-trailer 228 Comments
- Washington state bridge collapses 20 Photos
- Best U.S. beaches 2013 10 Photos
- No fatalities in I-5 bridge collapse in NW Wash. 137 Comments
- Port Authority releases photo of One WTC workers at dizzying heights
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys 1043 Comments
- Earthquake, multiple aftershocks jolt Californians
- Clean-up efforts underway in Okla. 29 Photos