Hawaii attorney convicted in ear licking case
(AP) LIHUE, Hawaii - A judge called a Hawaii attorney convicted of harassment a "dirty old man" for licking a client's ear.
After a bench trial, Kauai attorney Lawrence McCreery, 64, was found guilty of harassment Thursday after a former client testified that while discussing her child custody case last year, he licked the back of her right ear.
She said he told the 21-year-old woman while touching her arm, "You look so good," and "Too bad you're married," according to the Kauai prosecuting attorney's office. The woman said he made a "weird sound" and hugged her tightly right before the licking.
McCreery testified to deny he licked her. He claimed she initiated the hug.
Per Diem Fifth Circuit District Court Judge Frank Rothschild ruled there's no evidence the woman made up the story. McCreery, who was licensed to practice law in Hawaii in 1975, was ordered to a pay a $250 fine, prosecutors said.
"Quite frankly," Rothschild said, "these are the actions of a dirty old man."
Defense attorney Michael Soong said he plans to appeal.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Officials confirm there's only 1 winning Powerball ticket
- Long Island police defend Hofstra student killing 263 Comments
- Allegedly random murder, "hate crime," stuns NYC
- 1 winning ticket sold in Fla. on Powerball
- The War in Chicago
- Winning tickets sought in $588M Powerball jackpot
- Authorities: N.Y. college student was killed by police 56 Comments
- Once hailed a hero, ex-Philly cop faces charges