Mich. store selling $1M gold & diamond bra
WWJ's Vicki Thomas tried on the blinged-out brasserie, encrusted with over 500 carats of diamonds and made of 18 carat gold. / WWJ Photo/Vickie Thomas
(CBS News) BIRMINGHAM, Mich. - A Birmingham store's $1 million bra is much more than just an article of clothing.
CBS Detroit affiliate WWJ reported that Birmingham Estate and Jewelry Buyers is selling an 18 carat gold bra encrusted with over 500 carats of diamonds.
WWJ's Vickie Thomas was able to try on the blinged-out lingerie, which was created by store owner Anthony Aubry.
"If you just have that much money, someone would want it to say 'Oh, I have a $1 million bra,' or some people would put it on display at their house or something, and some people, believe it or not, would actually want to wear it," said Aubry, who named the bra after his wife, Rita.
The solid gold brasserie took over three months to design and took a crew of workers almost a year to make, Aubry said.
Aubry told WWJ the major difference between his design and the famed Victoria's Secret million-dollar "Fantasy" bras is that the chain store's showpieces have "fabric in them and the diamonds are kind of imbedded into the fabric." Aubrey's work of art is solid gold -- 750 grams of it.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Children rescued from two elementary schools in Oklahoma 19 Photos
- Oklahoma tornado recovery grinds on amid grim scenes 158 Comments
- More severe weather expected after monster tornado
- Tornado's destructive path 12 Photos
- Oklahoma tornado as seen by storm chasers Play Video
- Oklahoma tornado carves trail of destruction Play Video
- Twisters touch down in the Midwest 13 Photos
- Severe tornado tears through Oklahoma City suburb Play Video