Mich. store selling $1M gold & diamond bra
WWJ's Vicki Thomas tried on the blinged-out brasserie, encrusted with over 500 carats of diamonds and made of 18 carat gold. / WWJ Photo/Vickie Thomas
(CBS News) BIRMINGHAM, Mich. - A Birmingham store's $1 million bra is much more than just an article of clothing.
CBS Detroit affiliate WWJ reported that Birmingham Estate and Jewelry Buyers is selling an 18 carat gold bra encrusted with over 500 carats of diamonds.
WWJ's Vickie Thomas was able to try on the blinged-out lingerie, which was created by store owner Anthony Aubry.
"If you just have that much money, someone would want it to say 'Oh, I have a $1 million bra,' or some people would put it on display at their house or something, and some people, believe it or not, would actually want to wear it," said Aubry, who named the bra after his wife, Rita.
The solid gold brasserie took over three months to design and took a crew of workers almost a year to make, Aubry said.
Aubry told WWJ the major difference between his design and the famed Victoria's Secret million-dollar "Fantasy" bras is that the chain store's showpieces have "fabric in them and the diamonds are kind of imbedded into the fabric." Aubrey's work of art is solid gold -- 750 grams of it.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Reporter Michael Hastings dies at 33
- Google asks FISA court to lift gag order on NSA requests
- Taliban: We killed 4 U.S. troops at Afghan air base
- Scientists say shipwreck timber in Lake Michigan centuries old
- Tornado briefly touches down on Denver airport runways
- Girl who lost feet in lawnmower gets prosthetics
- TWA Flight 800 gets another look 17 years later
- FAA approval sought for 650-foot-tall Vegas thrill ride