5 unaccounted for after dock collapse are safe
Updated 11:48 PM ET
(CBS/AP) WARSAW, Mo. - Authorities say five people unaccounted for after a dock collapsed at a Missouri lake have been found safely.
Sgt. Collin Stosberg of the Missouri State Highway Patrol says a thunderstorm moved through the Sterett Creek Resort and Marina on Truman Lake when the dock gave way around 4:30 p.m. Saturday. The marina is near Warsaw, about 90 miles southeast of Kansas City.
Those unaccounted for included four fishermen. Stosberg says no injuries have been reported.
A number of boats also were damaged.
Marina staff didn't immediately return phone or email messages from the AP.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Small Fla. town wonders who the Powerball winner is
- Could cop have avoided accidentally killing NY student? 97 Comments
- Deadly twisters tear through Oklahoma
- Long Island police defend Hofstra student killing 311 Comments
- Officials confirm there's only 1 winning Powerball ticket
- Allegedly random murder, "hate crime," stuns NYC
- 2 FBI agents die in training accident off Virginia coast
- Winning tickets sought in $588M Powerball jackpot