5 unaccounted for after dock collapse are safe
Updated 11:48 PM ET
(CBS/AP) WARSAW, Mo. - Authorities say five people unaccounted for after a dock collapsed at a Missouri lake have been found safely.
Sgt. Collin Stosberg of the Missouri State Highway Patrol says a thunderstorm moved through the Sterett Creek Resort and Marina on Truman Lake when the dock gave way around 4:30 p.m. Saturday. The marina is near Warsaw, about 90 miles southeast of Kansas City.
Those unaccounted for included four fishermen. Stosberg says no injuries have been reported.
A number of boats also were damaged.
Marina staff didn't immediately return phone or email messages from the AP.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- No fatalities in I-5 bridge collapse in NW Wash. 122 Comments
- Authorities find cause of Wash. bridge collapse
- Washington state bridge collapses 20 Photos
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys 524 Comments
- Kansas reporters run for tornado shelter during newscast
- Clean-up efforts underway in Okla. 29 Photos
- Shelton, Underwood coming to aid of Oklahomans
- Kids, teachers from destroyed Okla. school reunite