2nd boy dies from shock in Tenn. lake
The scene at German Creek Marina in Bean Station, Tenn., on Wednesday, July 4, 2012, hours after one boy died and another was critically injured from an apparent electrocution at Cherokee Lake. Authorities said it was uncertain whether the boys were electrocuted in the water or when they touched the metal ladder of one of the houseboats. / Saul Young,AP Photo/Knoxville News Sentinel
(AP) BEAN STATION, Tenn. - Investigators say a second boy has died after being shocked by a suspected faulty cord from a houseboat as they swam in Cherokee Lake.
Grainger County Sheriff Scott Layel said 11-year-old Nathan Lynam died Thursday night at Children's Hospital in Knoxville. Ten-year-old Noah Winstead of Morristown died at the scene Wednesday afternoon.
Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency spokesman Matt Cameron said a marine surveyor was helping Thursday as investigators looked for the source of the electrical charge. The boys were shocked as they swam near two houseboats.
Layel said it wasn't immediately clear whether the boys encountered an electrical field in the water or if they were shocked when they touched a metal ladder to one of the houseboats.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Oklahoma tornado victim search efforts winding down
- Children rescued from two elementary schools in Oklahoma 19 Photos
- Tornado's destructive path 17 Photos
- Deadliest U.S. tornadoes 10 Photos
- Up-close video of Moore, Okla., tornado Play Video
- Oklahoma tornado recovery grinds on amid grim scenes 178 Comments
- Oklahoma tornado as seen by storm chasers Play Video
- Twisters touch down in the Midwest 13 Photos