Apparent murder-suicide at Beverly Hilton Hotel
Police responded to reports of a shooting at the Beverly Hilton Hotel Friday, June 22, 2012, and found an elderly couple dead. / KCBS
(CBS/AP) BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. - A man and a woman were found fatally shot at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in what homicide investigators believe was an apparent murder-suicide.
Officers responded to the landmark hotel on Wilshire Boulevard at 10:50 p.m. Friday evening, following a report of gunshots, police said in a department statement.
Upon arrival, police say they found the bodies of an elderly man and elderly woman, reports CBS Station KCBS.
Their identities have not been released.
Paramedics were seen leaving the scene without a patient.
The coroner's office picked up the bodies early Saturday and was investigating the deaths.
The shootings occurred just hours before the Daytime Emmy Awards were to be held at the hotel - the latest among several other annual galas (including the Golden Globe Awards) that take place at the Beverly Hilton.
In February Whitney Houston was found drowned in the bathtub of her room there.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Powerball frenzy locks down most possible number combos
- Probe begins after Conn. commuter trains collide
- O.J. Simpson's ex-lawyer contradicts his testimony on guns
- Seven-time lottery winner shares secret to winning Powerball
- Dozens injured as commuter trains collide in Conn.
- Why marry? Three generations tell their wedding stories
- New Yorker's Strongbox: Can it shield anonymous sources?
- Tornadoes rip through northern Texas 17 Photos