Apparent murder-suicide at Beverly Hilton Hotel
Police responded to reports of a shooting at the Beverly Hilton Hotel Friday, June 22, 2012, and found an elderly couple dead. / KCBS
(CBS/AP) BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. - A man and a woman were found fatally shot at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in what homicide investigators believe was an apparent murder-suicide.
Officers responded to the landmark hotel on Wilshire Boulevard at 10:50 p.m. Friday evening, following a report of gunshots, police said in a department statement.
Upon arrival, police say they found the bodies of an elderly man and elderly woman, reports CBS Station KCBS.
Their identities have not been released.
Paramedics were seen leaving the scene without a patient.
The coroner's office picked up the bodies early Saturday and was investigating the deaths.
The shootings occurred just hours before the Daytime Emmy Awards were to be held at the hotel - the latest among several other annual galas (including the Golden Globe Awards) that take place at the Beverly Hilton.
In February Whitney Houston was found drowned in the bathtub of her room there.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Bridge collapse blamed on tractor-trailer 216 Comments
- Washington state bridge collapses 20 Photos
- Best U.S. beaches 2013 10 Photos
- No fatalities in I-5 bridge collapse in NW Wash. 137 Comments
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys 973 Comments
- Earthquake, multiple aftershocks jolt Californians
- Kansas reporters run for tornado shelter during newscast
- Port Authority releases photo of One WTC workers at dizzying heights