Ore. woman trapped under dresser for nearly 4 days
(AP) PORTLAND, Ore. - Authorities say an Oregon woman was trapped for nearly four days after a dresser fell on top of her.
KGW-TV reports that neighbors asked Washington County sheriff's deputies to check on Cedar Mill resident Virginia Cartier on Friday, after they realized they hadn't seen her in a while.
Deputies forced their way into the 67-year-old's home and found her pinned underneath the dresser. Cartier had been trying to move the dresser.
Deputies say the woman was in and out of consciousness after not having any food or water for days. She had injuries to both legs and was treated at a hospital.
Cartier has since been released and is recovering at the home of a friend.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Port Authority releases photo of One WTC workers at dizzying heights
- Bridge collapse blamed on tractor-trailer 286 Comments
- Washington state bridge collapses 20 Photos
- Best U.S. beaches 2013 10 Photos
- No fatalities in I-5 bridge collapse in NW Wash. 141 Comments
- Frantic 911 calls reveal chaos in Okla., following tornado
- Clean-up efforts underway in Okla. 29 Photos
- Earthquake, multiple aftershocks jolt Californians