Ore. woman trapped under dresser for nearly 4 days
(AP) PORTLAND, Ore. - Authorities say an Oregon woman was trapped for nearly four days after a dresser fell on top of her.
KGW-TV reports that neighbors asked Washington County sheriff's deputies to check on Cedar Mill resident Virginia Cartier on Friday, after they realized they hadn't seen her in a while.
Deputies forced their way into the 67-year-old's home and found her pinned underneath the dresser. Cartier had been trying to move the dresser.
Deputies say the woman was in and out of consciousness after not having any food or water for days. She had injuries to both legs and was treated at a hospital.
Cartier has since been released and is recovering at the home of a friend.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Wave of tornadoes sweeps Midwest 14 Photos
- Deadly twisters tear through Oklahoma
- Firefighter killed in massive Dallas condo fire
- Could cop have avoided accidentally killing NY student? 137 Comments
- Long Island police defend Hofstra student killing 323 Comments
- Small Fla. town wonders who the Powerball winner is
- 2 FBI agents die in training accident off Virginia coast
- The War in Chicago