Phoenix police say mom forgets baby on car roof
(AP) PHOENIX - Phoenix police have arrested a woman who allegedly drove off after forgetting that her 5-week-old baby was in a car seat on the roof of her vehicle.
Officer James Holmes said officers were called out early Saturday after witnesses found a child strapped in a safety seat in the middle of an intersection.
The boy wasn't hurt. He's now in the custody of Arizona Child Protective Services.
Authorities say the child's mother, 19-year-old Catalina Clouser, her boyfriend and their friends had been smoking marijuana earlier in the evening at a nearby park.
Upset that her boyfriend was arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence, police say Clouser went to the home of friends and smoked more marijuana.
Clouser left around midnight. Police say she apparently put the sleeping baby on the roof and drove off, forgetting he was there.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Powerball jackpot at $600 million -- and climbing
- O.J. Simpson's ex-lawyer contradicts his testimony on guns
- Dozens injured as commuter trains collide in Conn.
- Lives lost: Suburban fatal heroin overdoses 19 Photos
- Seven-time lottery winner shares secret to winning Powerball
- Tornadoes rip through northern Texas 17 Photos
- Why marry? Three generations tell their wedding stories
- Powerball jackpot soars to $550 million