Boy's motorcycle gang wish starts with fight
(AP) REXBURG, Idaho - A wish by a 7-year-old Idaho cancer patient to be part of a motorcycle gang started off a bit more realistically than planned.
Rexburg police say as nearly 400 bikers gathered Saturday to grant Wesley Johnson's wish to participate in a motorcycle rally, five members of the Idaho Falls-based Brothers Speed attacked two bikers from Pocatello's Empties motorcycle club.
A 57-year-old Pocatello man suffered serious head and facial injuries and broken bones, while a 50-year-old Pocatello man suffered minor injuries. Police say the second man fired a 9 mm pistol in what he said were warning shots in an attempt to break up the fight.
Police are still investigating.
Saturday's rally did raise more than $6,000 in donations to help pay for Wesley's medical expenses.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Massive tornado hits Oklahoma 79 Photos
- Children rescued from two elementary schools in Oklahoma 18 Photos
- Oklahoma tornado leaves dozens dead, including many children 92 Comments
- Oklahoma tornado carves trail of destruction Play Video
- Oklahoma tornado as seen by storm chasers Play Video
- Severe tornado tears through Oklahoma City suburb Play Video
- More severe weather expected after monster tornado
- At least 51 dead after massive Okla. tornado