7-year-old Wisconsin girl hit by arrow while walking down street
(CBS/AP) CAMPBELLSPORT, Wis. - Fond du Lac County sheriff's officials say they don't yet know who fired an arrow that struck a 7-year-old girl in the back.
The girl was walking down the street when she was hit by the flying arrow, according to CBS affiliate WDJT in Milwaukee, Wis.
Sheriff Myland "Mick" Fink said Monday the girl was on a sidewalk in Campbellsport when she was hit about 5:30 p.m. Sunday. She was taken to St. Agnes Hospital in Fond du Lac, then transferred to Children's Hospital in suburban Milwaukee.
Fink says investigators will track the arrow backward as they try to find out who shot it. The sheriff says he doesn't believe there's a threat to public safety because of the incident. He says there are no archery ranges in the area where the girl was hit, and that it's mainly a residential neighborhood.
The girl's identity and condition have not been released.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Oklahoma tornado victim search efforts winding down
- Tornado's destructive path 17 Photos
- Children rescued from two elementary schools in Oklahoma 19 Photos
- Tornado victims start picking up the pieces
- Up-close video of Moore, Okla., tornado Play Video
- Oklahoma tornado as seen by storm chasers Play Video
- Deadliest U.S. tornadoes 10 Photos
- Brigadier general suspended over altercation with woman