School bus crashes near Pa. amusement park
(AP) ALLENTOWN, Pa. - Police say a school bus has crashed on its way back from an amusement park in eastern Pennsylvania and more than a dozen students have suffered minor injuries.
The bus collided with a car Friday evening near the on-ramp to Interstate 78, on the border of South Whitehall and Lower Macungie townships.
Authorities say the bus had 30 students aboard and was among three taking a group of Pennridge High School freshmen home from a class trip to Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom. School officials say one adult and 13 students were taken to a hospital but their injuries are minor.
Police say the bus driver will be cited for failure to yield to oncoming traffic.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Port Authority releases photo of One WTC workers at dizzying heights 104 Comments
- Washington state bridge collapses 20 Photos
- Massive train collision takes down highway overpass
- Best U.S. beaches 2013 10 Photos
- Bridge collapse blamed on tractor-trailer 322 Comments
- Frantic 911 calls reveal chaos in Okla., following tornado
- Deadly Angel Flight crash in upstate New York
- Judge: Ariz. sheriff's office profiles Latinos 146 Comments