NJ mom arrested over 6-year-old's alleged tanning visit
(CBS News) A Nutley, New Jersey, mother was arrested after taking her 6-year-old daughter to a tanning salon and allegedly causing a slight burn by allowing the child to use one of the tanning beds.
However, Patricia Krentcil, 44, tells WCBS in New York that the whole thing was a big misunderstanding.
Krentcil, 44, admits to a love for tanning, but insists she would never tan her daughter's fair skin artificially.
"I've been tanning my whole life, going to the beach, tanning salons and so forth," she says.
WCBS reports: "Krentcil said when the school nurse asked her daughter how she got burned, she simply said, 'I go tanning with mommy.' However, the woman said her daughter's burn was not from getting into a tanning bed, but from being outside and playing in the backyard."
Krentcil has been charged with second degree child endangerment, according to ABC News.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Deadly twisters tear through Oklahoma
- Wave of tornadoes sweeps Midwest 13 Photos
- Could cop have avoided accidentally killing NY student? 112 Comments
- Small Fla. town wonders who the Powerball winner is
- Long Island police defend Hofstra student killing 313 Comments
- Firefighter missing in massive Dallas condo fire
- Deadly twisters tear through Midwest
- 2 FBI agents die in training accident off Virginia coast