NJ mom arrested over 6-year-old's alleged tanning visit
(CBS News) A Nutley, New Jersey, mother was arrested after taking her 6-year-old daughter to a tanning salon and allegedly causing a slight burn by allowing the child to use one of the tanning beds.
However, Patricia Krentcil, 44, tells WCBS in New York that the whole thing was a big misunderstanding.
Krentcil, 44, admits to a love for tanning, but insists she would never tan her daughter's fair skin artificially.
"I've been tanning my whole life, going to the beach, tanning salons and so forth," she says.
WCBS reports: "Krentcil said when the school nurse asked her daughter how she got burned, she simply said, 'I go tanning with mommy.' However, the woman said her daughter's burn was not from getting into a tanning bed, but from being outside and playing in the backyard."
Krentcil has been charged with second degree child endangerment, according to ABC News.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Small Fla. town wonders who the Powerball winner is
- Officials confirm there's only 1 winning Powerball ticket
- Long Island police defend Hofstra student killing 310 Comments
- Could cop have avoided accidentally killing NY student? 89 Comments
- Allegedly random murder, "hate crime," stuns NYC
- Deadly twisters tear through Midwest
- FBI Agent Killed In Robbery Play Video
- Winning tickets sought in $588M Powerball jackpot