Ill. Mega Millions winner claims prize
Illinois Moto Mart store manager Denise Metzger looks at an oversized check given to her by lottery officials Saturday morning March 31, 2012, in Red Bud, Ill. / AP Photo/Belleville News-Democrat, Tim Vizer
(AP) RED BUD, Ill. - The Illinois Lottery says the final winner of the record Mega Million jackpot has come forward.
Lottery officials said Monday that the winner will be revealed Wednesday. The single winner will be presented with a check for $218.6 million in the southern Illinois farming community of Red Bud. The winning ticket was bought at town's MotoMart convenience store along Main Street.
The March 30 drawing had three winning tickets for a record $656 million jackpot. Two winners already anonymously claimed their prizes in Maryland and Kansas. Illinois' winner used a quick pick -- an automatically generated set of digits -- to select the winning numbers.
The jackpot was the biggest in Mega Millions history.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Young victims of deadly Okla. tornado 8 Photos
- Clean-up efforts underway in Okla. 29 Photos
- Tsarnaev friend implicates dead brother, self in murders 166 Comments
- Boy Scouts to vote on allowing openly gay members 99 Comments
- Hard recovery in store after Okla. tornado's devastation
- Body of child recovered from deadly Minn. landslide
- Minn. park landslide leaves 1 child dead, 1 missing
- Up-close video of Moore, Okla., tornado Play Video