Cops: S.D. woman broke into home, attempted to breastfeed stranger's baby
BROOKINGS, S.D. - Police in Brookings have arrested and charged a woman for reportedly entering another woman's home and attempting to breast feed her child.
Brookings Police Lt. Derrick Powers says that a woman called 911 early Sunday morning to report that a woman she did not know had entered her home and tried to start breast feeding her 2-month-old child.
The child's mother was able to take the child back from the suspect, who remained in the home until police arrived to arrest her.
The 24-year-old suspect was arrested and charged with unlawful occupancy, which is a misdemeanor. She was taken to the Brookings County Detention Center. A message left at the Detention Center has not been returned.
Powers says alcohol was a factor in the incident.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- No fatalities in I-5 bridge collapse in NW Wash. 101 Comments
- Young victims of deadly Okla. tornado 10 Photos
- Clean-up efforts underway in Okla. 29 Photos
- Forecasters warn: Up to 6 major storms this season
- Kids, teachers from destroyed Okla. school reunite
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys 408 Comments
- First funeral held for young Oklahoma tornado victim
- Kansas reporters run for tornado shelter during newscast