Cops: S.D. woman broke into home, attempted to breastfeed stranger's baby
BROOKINGS, S.D. - Police in Brookings have arrested and charged a woman for reportedly entering another woman's home and attempting to breast feed her child.
Brookings Police Lt. Derrick Powers says that a woman called 911 early Sunday morning to report that a woman she did not know had entered her home and tried to start breast feeding her 2-month-old child.
The child's mother was able to take the child back from the suspect, who remained in the home until police arrived to arrest her.
The 24-year-old suspect was arrested and charged with unlawful occupancy, which is a misdemeanor. She was taken to the Brookings County Detention Center. A message left at the Detention Center has not been returned.
Powers says alcohol was a factor in the incident.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Serena Williams sorry for "what I supposedly said" on rape 69 Comments
- TWA Flight 800 gets another look 17 years later 112 Comments
- TWA Flight 800 disaster - a look back 19 Photos
- 3 football players charged in Naval Academy rape case
- FBI: No sign of Jimmy Hoffa's body in Detroit suburb 59 Comments
- America's endangered historic places 11 Photos
- Reporter Michael Hastings dies at 33
- FBI finds possible remains at gangster's NYC home