New tornado warnings in Ga.
Last Updated 3:08 p.m. ET
(CBS News) The National Weather Service has updated tornado warnings Saturday for parts of Brantley, Glynn, Pierce and Wayne Counties in Georgia.
At 12:57 p.m. ET the National Weather Service reports several trained weather spotters reported a funnel cloud near Ray City, moving east at 50 mph.
At 12:55 p.m. ET meteorologists continued to track a tornado located near Deenwood or near Waycross, moving east at 35 mph.
At 10:33 a.m. ET a developing tornado was detected by the weather service 7 miles west of Boston, Ga., moving east.
Earlier this morning the weather service's Doppler radar reportedly indicated a tornado located near Scotland, Fla., moving east about 9:41 a.m. ET.
On Friday the weather service had issued 269 tornado warnings by 10 p.m. Only 189 warnings were issued in all of February.
Friday's outbreak came two days after an earlier round of storms killed 13 people in the Midwest and South, and forecasters at the National Weather Service's Storm Prediction Center had said the day would be one of a handful this year that warranted its highest risk level.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Massive tornado hits Okla. 60 Photos
- Mile-wide tornado rips through Oklahoma City area
- Children rescued from elementary school in Okla. 11 Photos
- At least 51 dead after massive Okla. tornado
- Oklahoma tornado carves trail of destruction Play Video
- Severe tornado tears through Oklahoma City suburb Play Video
- Another tornado touches down near Oklahoma City
- Record Fla. Powerball winner can't remain anonymous