Va. police find 2-year-old boy in stolen SUV
Updated 12:09 AM ET
RICHMOND - Police in Virginia say they have located a 2-year-old boy who was in the backseat of an SUV that was stolen following a double-homicide in the city of Richmond.
Richmond police said in a Tweet late Saturday: "2-year-old Kaiden Burnside is OK. Found alone inside SUV off Jennie Scher Road. Thanks to everyone for assistance."
Authorities late Saturday identified the suspect as 27-year-old Jamal Louis Clemons of Richmond, Va. They say Clemons is wanted for abduction, robbery, robbery with a firearm and use of a firearm in the commission of a felony by a convicted felon.
Police say a man and a woman were killed in the Church Hill neighborhood at about 5 p.m. Saturday. They say Clemons then fled in a 2012 white GMC Terrain SUV that was left with the motor running and the boy in the back seat.
The Virginia State Police issued an Amber Alert at 9:39 p.m. EST Saturday for the boy.Police had said they don't believe the shooting was random but have not released additional details about the victims or their potential relationship to the suspect.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- No fatalities in I-5 bridge collapse in NW Wash. 116 Comments
- Young victims of deadly Okla. tornado 10 Photos
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys 435 Comments
- Clean-up efforts underway in Okla. 29 Photos
- Kids, teachers from destroyed Okla. school reunite
- Kansas reporters run for tornado shelter during newscast
- Washington state bridge collapses 8 Photos
- Forecasters warn: Up to 6 major storms this season