Police: Fla. man stole date's car while at movie
Michael Pratt was arrested on Dec. 14, 2011 for allegedly stealing his date's car / WTSP
WESLEY CHAPEL, Fla. - Deputies in Florida say a man is accused of stealing a woman's car while they were on a date at a Tampa area movie theater.
Pasco County Sheriff's deputies say 27-year-old Michael Pratt now faces grand theft charges.
The St. Petersburg Times reports Pratt told the woman he needed to get something from the car, a rented 2012 silver Ford Focus, while they were watching the movie.
She gave him her keys. When he didn't return, she called him. Authorities say Pratt laughed, then told the woman he'd stolen her car.
She tried contacting Pratt before calling the sheriff's office. Four days later, Pratt called and told her he dumped the car in a Wal-Mart parking lot. Deputies found it and arrested Pratt on Wednesday.
Pratt previously served time for similar charges, including grand theft and failing to return rental property.
He is in the Pasco County Jail. No attorney was listed on Pratt's jail records.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Tornado victims start picking up the pieces
- Tsarnaev friend implicates dead brother, self in murders
- Tornado's destructive path 17 Photos
- Brigadier general suspended over altercation with woman
- Up-close video of Moore, Okla., tornado Play Video
- Deadliest U.S. tornadoes 10 Photos
- Oklahoma tornado as seen by storm chasers Play Video
- At least 51 dead after massive Okla. tornado