Oops! Kentucky dad leaves baby in grocery cart
NICHOLASVILLE, Ky. Police say a central Kentucky father trying to load groceries and his three children into a vehicle after a shopping trip forgot one thing his 6-month-old infant.
It happened Tuesday at a Kroger in Jessamine County, WLEX-TV reported. The father left the baby in a grocery cart after unloading everything else and drove away.
A few minutes later, a couple found the baby and took the child back into the store to call police.
Nicholasville police officer Kevin Grimes says the father quickly figured out what he forgot and also called police while turning around to get back to the store.
Grimes says the man was "totally distraught" about the mistake. He says no charges will be filed, but the case will be handed over to social services.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Powerball frenzy locks down most possible number combos
- Crash in small Va. town injures dozens during parade
- Seven-time lottery winner shares secret to winning Powerball
- Texas tornado survivors start to return home
- Probe begins after Conn. commuter trains collide
- O.J. Simpson's ex-lawyer contradicts his testimony on guns
- Official: Broken rail eyed in Conn. train crash
- Why marry? Three generations tell their wedding stories