Woman ejected for yelling "boring" at symphony
An orchestra performs during the Opening Ceremony for the XVI Pan American Games at Omnilife Stadium on Oct. 14, 2011 in Guadalajara, Mexico. / Dennis Grombkowski/Getty Images
BAINBRIDGE ISLAND, Wash. - Police removed a woman from the Bainbridge Performaing Arts theater for yelling "boring" during a symphony performance.
The staff called police Nov. 12 after the woman refused to leave, following numerous audience complaints.
The Kitsap Sun reports the executive director told police the woman has a professional rivalry with the new conductor.
The woman's teenage daughter was performing as part of the orchestra that night, but was apparently was not the target of her comments. The woman told police that she wanted to stay to hear her play. Despite the woman's odd behavior, she told authorities "that was how things were" between her and her daughter.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- TWA Flight 800 gets another look 17 years later 111 Comments
- America's endangered historic places 11 Photos
- FBI: No sign of Jimmy Hoffa's body in Detroit suburb
- Serena Williams sorry for "what I supposedly said" on rape
- TWA Flight 800 disaster - a look back 19 Photos
- Reporter Michael Hastings dies at 33
- 3 football players charged in Naval Academy rape case
- Scientists say shipwreck timber in Lake Michigan centuries old