Texas' top court suspends beating video judge
Judge William Adams / Aransas County Court
McALLEN, Texas - The Texas Supreme Court has suspended a judge whose beating of his then-teenage daughter in 2004 was viewed millions of times on the Internet.
According to an order signed Tuesday by the clerk of the state's highest court, Aransas County court-at-law Judge William Adams is suspended immediately with pay pending the outcome of the inquiry started by the State Commission on Judicial Conduct earlier this month.
The order makes clear that while Adams agreed to the commission's recommended temporary suspension and waived the hearing and notice requirements, he does not admit "guilt, fault or wrongdoing" regarding the allegations. His attorney did not immediately return a call seeking comment.
Adams' now 23-year-old daughter Hillary Adams uploaded the 2004 video of her father beating her repeatedly with a belt.US attorney: No federal offense in Texas beating
Judge won't face charges in videotaped beating
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Young victims of deadly Okla. tornado 10 Photos
- Clean-up efforts underway in Okla. 29 Photos
- Tsarnaev friend implicates dead brother, self in murders 175 Comments
- Forecasters warn: Up to 6 major storms this season
- Boy Scouts to vote on allowing openly gay members 328 Comments
- Tornado damage numbers significantly downgraded
- Body of child recovered from deadly Minn. landslide
- First funeral held for young Oklahoma tornado victim