Andy Rooney in stable condition after surgery
Andy Rooney is seen in an interview with Morley Safer right before his last regular appearance on "60 Minutes."
CBS News' Andy Rooney underwent minor surgery last week and suffered serious complications. For that reason, he remains in the hospital, but his condition is stable.
The Rooney family asks that their privacy be respected at this difficult time.
Rooney, who broke into the news business while serving in World War II, has carved out a 62-year career at CBS, ending as a regular commentator on "60 Minutes" this month.
Watch his last regular appearance on the broadcast, which aired Oct. 2, 2011:
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Oklahoma tornado victim search efforts winding down
- Children rescued from two elementary schools in Oklahoma 19 Photos
- Deadliest U.S. tornadoes 10 Photos
- Tornado's destructive path 17 Photos
- Up-close video of Moore, Okla., tornado Play Video
- Oklahoma tornado recovery grinds on amid grim scenes 179 Comments
- Oklahoma tornado as seen by storm chasers Play Video
- Twisters touch down in the Midwest 13 Photos