Andy Rooney in stable condition after surgery
Andy Rooney is seen in an interview with Morley Safer right before his last regular appearance on "60 Minutes."
CBS News' Andy Rooney underwent minor surgery last week and suffered serious complications. For that reason, he remains in the hospital, but his condition is stable.
The Rooney family asks that their privacy be respected at this difficult time.
Rooney, who broke into the news business while serving in World War II, has carved out a 62-year career at CBS, ending as a regular commentator on "60 Minutes" this month.
Watch his last regular appearance on the broadcast, which aired Oct. 2, 2011:
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Port Authority releases photo of One WTC workers at dizzying heights 137 Comments
- Massive train collision takes down highway overpass
- Washington state bridge collapses 20 Photos
- Thousands of U.S. bridges vulnerable to collapse
- Best U.S. beaches 2013 10 Photos
- Bridge collapse blamed on tractor-trailer 329 Comments
- Deadly Angel Flight crash in upstate New York
- Texas flooding turns deadly