Andy Rooney in stable condition after surgery
Andy Rooney is seen in an interview with Morley Safer right before his last regular appearance on "60 Minutes."
CBS News' Andy Rooney underwent minor surgery last week and suffered serious complications. For that reason, he remains in the hospital, but his condition is stable.
The Rooney family asks that their privacy be respected at this difficult time.
Rooney, who broke into the news business while serving in World War II, has carved out a 62-year career at CBS, ending as a regular commentator on "60 Minutes" this month.
Watch his last regular appearance on the broadcast, which aired Oct. 2, 2011:
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Powerball frenzy locks down most possible number combos
- Probe begins after Conn. commuter trains collide
- O.J. Simpson's ex-lawyer contradicts his testimony on guns
- Seven-time lottery winner shares secret to winning Powerball
- Why marry? Three generations tell their wedding stories
- Dozens injured as commuter trains collide in Conn.
- New Yorker's Strongbox: Can it shield anonymous sources?
- Texas tornado survivors start to return home