CBS Evening News wins 2012 Murrow Award
Edward R. Murrow Award logo
(CBS News) The CBS Evening News has won a 2012 RTNDA Edward R. Murrow Award in the Video Investigative Category. The awards honor excellence in electronic journalism.Read the full list of 2012 Murrow Award winners
CBS News correspondent Sharyl Attkisson, producer Chris Scholl and editor Matt Tureck took home the prize for won for Gunwalker. In the gunwalker case, ATF agents say they were ordered to allow thousands of weapons to be sold to suspected suppliers for Mexico's drug cartels. The idea of letting so many guns "walk" onto the street was apparently to see where they would turn up and go after the major cartel kingpins instead of the smalltime weapons traffickers.Gunwalking scandal uncovered at ATF
Agent: I was ordered to let guns into Mexico
Congress irate at ATF guns-to-Mexico program
In all, CBS News won four 2012 RTNDA Murrow Awards. The "60 Minutes" report "The Garden of the Queen" won in the Video Feature Reporting category. CBS Radio News won the Overall Excellence Award for the sixth year in a row. Radio also took home the award for Best News Series: 9/11 Ten Years Later.
- Okla. tornado survivor finds dog buried alive under rubble
- Parents ask why Okla. schools don't have tornado shelters
- Storm spotter: Oklahoma tornado "a nightmare"
- Man killed in brutal London attack
- CBS News goes undercover in a Bangladesh clothing factory
- Survivors pulled from Okla. school hit by tornado
- 5/21: Tornado in Moore, Okla., was an EF5, the most powerful there is
- Oklahoma family narrowly escaped death during tornado
- 5/22: Residents return to tornado-ravaged neighborhoods; Undercover in a Bangladesh clothing factory
- Injured third-grade teacher tells of trying to protect students
- Oklahoma tornado survivor: "Everything is gone"
- Oklahoma family tells amazing story of survival
- Residents return to tornado-ravaged neighborhoods
- Undercover in a Bangladesh clothing factory
- Friend implicates Boston bombing suspect in triple homicide
- Poignant images capture tornado's emotional aftermath