Teasing, Lying, Or Loving Too Much
Letter No. 3 : Girl-Crazy Boy
I have a four-year-old son who is really into girls. He fell in love with Gaby at preschool and Jade at taekwondo. He talks about marrying these girls. We went to a baby shower and, for days, he said he wanted to marry me so that we can have babies, too. How should I handle his obsession?"
Enjoy it while it lasts! It's not at all unusual for little kids to feel this way and talk this way. Think about it, at four, he has no idea what it means to be married or to have children, he's just interpreting what he sees around him: "When two people love each other, they get married and have babies."
In all these proclamations and declarations, he is simply telling you how much he loves you. Soak it up. All to say, this will drop by the wayside over time, so just enjoy the attention right now. It's not a red flag for concern.
- no next page
- How to stop junk mail - forever
- Dad Punishes Daughter with Free Babysitter Ad Play Video
- Legit Work-from-Home Websites - and the Scams
- Best Low-Tech Cell Phones Suitable for Seniors
- Best Wheeled-Luggage for Your Budget
- Terms to Never Use in Your Resume
- Bill Nye's Withered Romance
- Why losing your sense of smell stinks